
Have you planned your summer vacation yet? If not, and you're still looking to get a way, I found a place that will blow you out of the water, literally.
Nestled in the heart of the Pocono mountains, you wouldn't believe something so beautiful could be so close to home. Skytop Lodge is the name of the resort, I was informed of it by a colleague yesterday at work, and decided I just had to share. It's incredible.
The resort is a dutch colonial estate the sprawls out across over 2,000 acres. It has incredible views, tons of historical charm, and beautiful accommodations. It's also a member of the very prestigious "National Trust Historic Hotels of America".
All that aside,they have everything! In the summer, beautiful hiking trails, a gorgeous freshwater lake for swimming, rock climbing, geocaching, kayaking and canoeing, mountain biking,paintball, fishing and shooting. That's all save to mention it's incredible golf course, the crown jewel of the entire estate.
In the winter, they offer skiing, downhill or cross country, snow-shoeing, sledding and ice skating.
What I found most impressive, is that while their rates are high(you're looking at least $350per night) 3 meals per day for 2 people are included with each reservation. Were not talking continental breakfast, all of these meals are offered in one of their 5 star dining rooms.
So where are you going to get away this summer? Let us know by commenting below!
I should add that we used to spend every Christmas with my husbands family here. The food is incredible! They have events for kids, beautiful gardens, golf, indoor and outdoor pools, and lots of other things to do. It truly is beautiful and worth every penny!!!
ReplyDelete