Thursday, October 7, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

So I was searching Facebook today and Teresa Giudice of the Real Housewives of New Jersey came up on my news feed. Her Facebook profile picture was shaded pink, I wasn't sure why this was like this so I clicked her page. I was excited to see that she was participating in a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The fundraiser is through Right at Home, a company that gives tips and tricks for caring for your home. They have teamed up with SC Johnson and Facebook, for the month of October (which is breast cancer awareness month) to raise money for this great cause. All Facebook users have to do is click on the Right at Home link to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This will direct them to the "Pink Me" application on the fanpage. All users have to do is click the "lets get started" button and follow the prompts. The application will generate a pink version of your profile picture, it's really cute! For every users who "pinks" their profile picture, SC Johnson will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. How awesome is this cause?

So what are you doing to give back during October, breast cancer awareness month? Let us know by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment