I'm not sure about anyone else, but I cannot stand the cold weather we've been getting here in NJ anymore. The only thing that gets me through the frigid months from January-March in the Northeast are the adorable accessories that I get to wear only in the winter months. So, I present to you, the 5 winter acessories that you cannot live without this season... they'll warm you up, body and soul...
1.The Russian Trapper Hat
I never though I'd be caught dead in one of these.... then, I put one on. This is by far the warmest hat you will ever wear. Maybe it's not the cutest thing you've ever seen, but I mean, I guess it be cute in that really ugly sort of way... regardless of what it looks like, nothing will keep you warmer...and there's something about the cute flaps that make you feel full of sunshine, despite the winter blues.
2.Camel Leather Gloves
My discovery of these came along when I was getting ready to go out one night and someone told me my gloves looked like "mom gloves"... not that I'm even sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing. The streamlined silhoutte makes this simple and sophisticated gloves a perfect classic.
3. Black Suede "Over-the-Knee" Boots
While it can definitely be difficult to maneuver ice and snow in heels, these boots are a can't miss for the winter season. Their suede makeup makes them super warm, but they're dressy enough for with tights and a dress and casual enough for jeans and a sweater. Perfect!
4. The Super Long, Super Warm, Knit Scarf
We've been obsessed with Pashminas for well over a year now... BUT tis not the season! Pashmina's light silk material makes them a go to summer accessory... When it comes to winter, the long chunky scarf is king... especially in rich, deep, colors with tassels or fringe trim. The Gap has tons of great options!
5. Plaid Burberry (or knock off) Earmuffs
Ok, like the Russian Trapper Hat, I know it sounds crazy, and it really depends on how daring you, but earmuffs are back! They keep your ears warm but are more feminine than a hat (and they won't mess up your hair) Burberry has great ones in their logo print, but there are plenty of knock offs available at any department store.
So, what fashions are getting you through the bitter cold of winter? Let us know by commenting below!
No comments:
Post a Comment