Barbara Walters is like TV royalty, in the world of talk shows, she's about as untouchable as Mother Theresa, at least to me. Recently, one of her guests on The View attempted to put her on blast in front of the entire studio audience and national viewers.
Hahn, who allegedly had an affair with the Televangelist Jim Bakker back in the 1980's was on the show as part of a "Where are they now?" segment of The View. When asked about the affair on the show, Hahn made a very obvious attempt at denial and deference, and responded, "This wasn’t an affair,” she said. “Unlike, I don’t want to be cruel or anything, in your book ‘Audition,’ you had an affair with a senator."
Barbara kept her cool as usual. She responded by saying, "This is about you, my dear. This is not about me, OK?” "I'm very happy talk about my relationships, but this is about you,"
I know from experience, it can be hard to think on your feet in a situation like that, but I give Barbara a ton of credit for handling it with the amount of poise she did. I think it's pretty forward of a guest on her show to call her out on something that she's already been incredibly straightforward about, but it seems like The View can't avoid drama these days. Regardless, I give her props for her quick thinking and class. You go Barbara!
Thanks for sharing your link on Cafe Mom, I am now a follower :)
ReplyDelete