So, we all know that Jersey's been getting pelted with this ridiculous, frigid weather, and I'm not sure about anyone else, but between shoveling my car out and getting stuck in the end of various driveways, I've had enough.
I know that most people think it's a little bit senseless, but I was thrilled when I heard that on his 125th forecast, Phil the Groundhog, SAW HIS SHADOW!!! Which means, the wait is over Jersey! Spring is most certainly on its way. (I hope...) I never understood what the Groundhog's Day traditions were rooted in, so I decided to do some research...
Apparently, the holiday originated in Germany. Superstition indicates that if a "hibernating animal sees it's shadow on February 2nd, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks, if he does not see his shadow, legend indicates that there will be an early spring."
So, there you have it New Jersey, get excited because Spring and warm weather should be well on it's way! I'm going to have to get ready to break out the sundresses and Sangria! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment