So,we all know (mostly because the retail commercials have drilled into our brains) that this is the final weekend for Christmas shopping. But,before you go out and about to finish up and face the frustrations of lines, crowds, and rudeness, I'll provide you with a tale for your journey.
I think it was Wednesday night, I went out to WalMart photo center to pick up these gorgeous holiday photos my mom took as a gift for a friend. I got all the way down there, stood for 25 minutes in line and when I went to pick them up, the guy started looking around and I knew immediately that they weren't there. Now, I can understand mix ups, no problem. However, the guy behind the desk asked me when I ordered them, I told them at 3pm from 1 hour photo and they were promised by 4pm. It was now 7pm, and he laughed in my face, told me "ha, they'll never be done tonight" and walked away to help the next costumer. I was fuming with how rude he was. So I went to get a manager, stood for another 25 minutes, was told they weren't there, but he did tell me to come back tomorrow and they would be free (score!).
Thursday night I came back, I waited 35 minutes in line. I was still furious, because I had so much to do. Then, when they actually found my pictures and I told them they were supposed to be free of charge, I had to wait 15 more minutes for the manager to come and confirm that. He never came, so I went to customer service and he signed off on my order. It was now almost 9, and my boyfriend was supposed to be getting out of work in an hour. "Thank God" I thought, I couldn't wait to vent to him. Then, almost as soon as I thought of it, my phone rang, it was him, some girl had said she was sick and needed to go home. We both knew she wasn't sick because she had been sitting at the bar drinking 15 minutes earlier, and so he got moved to cover her late shift, til midnight. That meant he wouldn't get home til 1230 at the earliest and I had to wake up for work at 6. "Gosh, can I get a break" I thought. I was still furious and I was walking through Walmart when I started to lose my balance in my high heeled boots, which annoyed me enough, then, almost faster than I could realize, I went flat down, in the middle of Walmart, right on the floor and two little girls were laughing at me. I couldn't help but start cracking up. I guess it was just what I needed to realize how much these stupid little problems I had been facing didn't matter.
So, as you're heading out today, remember, life is too short to be aggrevated, just take a deep breath and laugh at all the chaos :)
No comments:
Post a Comment