Friday, April 1, 2011

Drink This, Not That!

So as a follow up to my last post about Eat This Not That, I wanted to write something called “Drink this, Not that”. Another part of my struggle to eat better is having a bartender as a boyfriend. It makes it very difficult to avoid drinking on the weekends and we all know how unhealthy those cocktails can be... The best thing about this new calorie counting craze though is that many restaurants are now featuring Skinny Style cocktails or some variation of the same.

I was shocked when I saw that cheesecake factor now has an awesome menu of cocktails designed skinny style that are just as tasty as their regular counterparts but with 150 calories or less, and we’re not just talking the things we’ve seen skinny before, mojitos or margaritas... they even have skinny sangria and skinny cosmos, who knew that was possible?

Applebees is another franchise jumping on the skinny bandwagon. They now make Skinny Margaritas, Skinny Mojitos, and Skinny L.I.T.S (A cocktail normally running you about 750 calories in just one glass ).

Another great way to make sure you’re calorie counting in your drinks is to change your mixers. Replace coke with diet coke, replace sprite or sour mix with club soda, try mixing with Unsweetened Ice Tea with two splendas. They taste amazing!!!

Are you dieting in preparation for summer? Caradidi’s journals are a great way to track your calories and your progress

No comments:

Post a Comment