Ok, I'm mad.
We all know that I'm a Starbucks afficionado. However, in the summer months, I switch to Dunkin Donuts. I just like their iced coffee better. Medium iced coffee with mocha syrup and a splash of skim milk, 35 calories...bam calories saved, energy earned. The problem is- normally, I grab a multigrain bagel with reduced fat cream cheese, neither of which are particularly appetizing, but hey, I'm saving calories and my health right? WRONG.
I looked up the nutrition facts the other day. Dunkin Donuts multigrain bagel with a tablespoon of cream cheese (have you ever had a bagel from there, there's way more than that). It's advertised as part of the "Dunkin Eat Smart" menu. Drum roll please- the bagel is 390 calories, and the cream cheese is another 125, putting us at a grand total of 515 calories, not including all the extra cream cheese calories they smear on. What's most annoying about this is that their plain bagel, cinnamon raisin bagels, and their poppy seed bagels were only 320 calories. Are you kidding me? 390 Calories is eating smart? No thank you. I'll be thinking twice before I order off their supposedly "healthy" menu again.
No comments:
Post a Comment