March seemed to come in like a lamb and go out like a lion here in Jersey, and it seemed like spring was canceled as of April 1st, but, there's good news for all of that are like me, sick and tired of clouds, rain and cold! This Monday, the skies will open up and the northeast will see the light, in the form of a 78 degree day, followed by mild upper 60's the rest of the week... So, do you know what that means? Time to break out the flip-flops, but before you can, take your Saturday and give your toes some much needed TLC, I mean, how would you feel if you had to spend 4 months cooped up in those pointy toed McQueen boots with the 5 inch heel? I decided that before getting my spring mani-pedi tomorrow, I should check out how colors have changed in the last year, so I give to you the list of SO hot right now nail trends!
1. Nudes
Are you shocked? Anything I've posted about spring and summer fashion trends, has begun with blah, blah, nudes. They're everywhere and so in. Try a creamy beige or a natural pink. My personal favorite? Essie's "Ballet Slippers".
2. Blues
You'll be anything but blue in these hues. Light creamy blues are in across the palette this season, but definitely in nail lacquer. These shades are perfect for spring, and even better, you're nails will match your Tiffany's box!
3. Peach & Pink
This is another no brainer, pinks and peaches make a comeback just like southern girls in sundresses every time the weather gets warmer. Make sure to test out there light colors first, shades with these two can definitely be tricky! It's hard to strike a balance between too bright and barely there.
4. Purples
I know, you haven't had purple nail polish on since you were 11, well hello Dream Phone, Mall Madness and slumber parties because lavender is back in big way this spring. I like matte polishes in lighter shades, but sleek metallics are also very in.
5. Metals
So, as I was saying, metallics are in for spring. I like them in pearly shades of white or beige, but all the major cosmetics brands are putting the emphasis on slates and grays, be daring, check them out!
So, who's joining me at the salon tomorrow morning? Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment