And some you can definitely skip...
I am shocked by the movie reviews for this weekend. There were some I have been waiting to see for months that are apparently total flops, and others that I'd never see in a million years, that are apparently awesome.
Did anyone else think "Arthur", the remake with Russell Brand looked great? Yeah, you weren't alone... I did too, mostly because everything he does is hilarious... but apparently, it only earned 1 out of 5 stars.
Another one that looked good and apparently disappointed, "Your Highness". All the critics are speaking volumes about how pointless it was. I've also been advised to skip "Insidious" and "Soul Surfer".
On the upside, "Hop" which is appropriate for the whole family, scored great reviews. Grae Drake of Movies.com said, "Santa is SO last year".
The shocker for me though, Jake Gyllenhal's new flick, "Source Code". I expected a bad combination of "Unstoppable" (The Denzel film from earlier in the fall) and anything that Jake Gyllenhal's been in before... Critics are giving it 4 stars. You go Jake! Another must see is "The Lincoln Lawyer". No big surprise there given Matthew Mconaughey's Midas touch, and who says beauty isn't power... please.
May I also add a suggestion that you miss "Sucker Punch". One of the worst films I've ever seen and the people that were walking out seemed to agree!
ReplyDelete