Friday, September 3, 2010

Easy Ways to Boost Your Memory Today

So now that school is back in session and the lazy, hazy summer train has left the station and been replaced with a bustling and busy merry- go- round of obligations, I want to make sure I'm organized so I can easily remember everything I need to. While my Caradidi Handmade Daily Planner helps me out immensely in keeping organized everyday, I found a few awesome ways to improve your memory everyday.

1. Talk with your hands- Believe it or not, talking with your hands can help you remember what it is you were thinking, or saying. Gesturing may also help you in learning a new concept.

2. Chill out!- Releasing stress is proven to help you remember the things you need to better. According to psychological research by Elizabeth Lombardo, "When people experience chronic stress, their hippocampus—the part of your brain that is responsible for some memories—literally shrinks in size.”

3. Get Reading- Everyone knows reading is great for increasing brain function, but like everything, practice makes perfect, so discussing what you read is a great exercise in recall and will easily improve your ability to recall information in other areas of your life.

4.Sniff Rosemary-When UK researchers studied how senses were connected to memory and how different smells boosted or detracted from memory, Rosemary came out on top. Office workers who's cubicles were infused with Rosemary showed signs of better long term memory.

5.Doodle!- In high school we thought it was a way to keep ourselves from being bored (and paying attention) in class... maybe we absorbed more than we thought! According to research, doodling has been shown to boost concentration, and concentration is the first step to learning and memory. So go ahead, pull out your gorgeous handmade journal from Caradid and doodle away, it'll make you smarter in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment