Monday, September 13, 2010

The Ultimate Space Saving Writing Desk

Recently, we've undertaken the daunting task of redoing my bedroom, while the entire process of gutting and remodeling has been a major headache, the biggest issue comes in trying to track down the perfect desk to house my Macbook Pro while still staying in tune with my minimalist theme.

I was seriously about to give up hope and just go with a normal corner desk, when I began perusing an amazing little site for home and decorating tips, Apartmenttherapy.com

On this site, they featured an article with space and budget saving desk ideas. While I loved most of the ideas they featured, one struck me as the perfect soul mate to the dainty turquoise paint, cream carpets and cottagey feel I had decided on. The "Sloane" leaning desk from Crate and Barrel is my new boyfriend. It's perfect, it's only 30 inches across and 20 inches deep, but still comes with two shelves with more than enough space for all the books that come as baggage to any over-achieving English Literature major, and a third table top at perfect sitting level, to house my laptop. It gets better. It's only $149.00. Take that Ikea.

So rejoice readers, within the next few weeks, I will be able to deliver my ramblings to you from the comfort of a perfect bedroom, with the perfect colors, and more importantly the perfect desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment