What a gorgeous day in New Jersey! Fall is definitely on the way, college football kicks off today, Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at our local Starbucks (finally!) and I'm on my way out the door to search for some new fashion for this favorite season of mine. It looks like a lot of last season's favorites are back to play again, boyfriend jackets, shirts and jeans, but even more playful this season when layered with lots of lace and ultra-feminine statement jewelry underneath.
I'm really excited about a new trend that's been slowly creeping it's way back onto the scene, 60's ladylike is back in style, (probably because of the roaring success of shows like Mad Men) and I couldn't be more excited. The shapes of these clothes really accentuate femininity and play up curves, which should be exciting for any girl. I'm really excited about the new sheath dresses that are out, they're still exciting and cute, but they're appropriate for work, Perfect!
Like I mentioned before, lace is everywhere this season. No, lace isn't new, but this season it's more classic, done in little traces and bits rather than all over stretch. The fabrics are more antique and vintage than in previous seasons. What I really love though, is the mix of lace and military fashion as hot fall trends, lace can really add femininity to the military look that may otherwise come off harsh or masculine (not in the good- boyfriend look way).
On the shoe scene, we're seeing knee high socks make a comeback (a comeback a Catholic school student like me is very excited about). Riding and other tall boots are back, but this time, as thigh high's rather than just over the knees. White tights are in this season, my feelings on this remain to be seen, but I think the look has some definite potential (in all honesty, I'm just not sure how I'd wear it).
My favorite of the 2010 fall fashion though, has to be Caradidi's incredible range of fabrics that are perfect for fall. Check them out and get you're binder or planner to perfectly complete your fall wardrobe today!
I too am excited that the 60s are coming back in style. Dressing appropriately, femininely, and modestly is trendy again. How fabulous! And now we can all follow runway trends for a fraction of the price. Just shop for the original vintage pieces, instead of the high priced vintage inspired ones that are in stores today. Check out backinstyle.com to get started. They have a great selection of 60s stuff.
ReplyDelete