I was looking at my banking statement the other day and was shocked to realize that the majority of my purchases, those not spent on bills or otherwise, are actually made at Starbucks. If you read this regularly you've heard about my Starbucks love affair and probably won't be as surprised as I was. Given I was spending close to 25 dollars there a week, I've found some good tips for saving money at Starbucks.
First of all, I worked as a Barista for a number of years, so I know that and iced latte is nothing more than espresso over ice with 3/4 of a cup of milk. Now, if you think the way I do you realize that you could just as easily order a single espresso (with your favorite syrup flavor) over ice in a tall cup and put the milk in yourself for about half the price.
Also, Starbucks runs a number of promotions for its eco-friendly patrons. If you bring in your own travel mug from home, they knock ten cents off the price, also if you come back with your Starbucks paper cup, coffee refills are only fifteen cents.
A more obscure way to save, depending on what your "regular" is, is this, I'm the type of person who only likes one shot of espresso, even in a Grande or Venti drink, many times, if you order the Grande with only one shot, since the coffee is what costs the chain most, they will only charge you for a tall. Try it out.
Also, sign up for the free Starbucks card, you earn a free drink with every ten drinks you buy. It's pretty awesome and you can register online.
How do you cut your bad habit bills down? Let us know!
No comments:
Post a Comment